Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Extending WiFi

Having a WiFi Router in one building & needing WiFi in another building, what solutions are available?

This and other devices with built in antennas were working, but slow. :(

I tried adding the Yagi to the USB WiFi adapter with no success. :(

Do I need a new WiFi adapter to work with the Yagi?

What about a DD-WRT repeater?

Will a 32 foot USB extension cable work?

Well yes, the 32 foot USB cable and the WiFi adapter, wrapped in a ZipLoc bag stuck on a tree is a winner!

I have not tried the DD-WRT with the Yagi, because of different sized connectors. :(

The DD-WRT boosts the signal, but it does nto have the speed of the adapter on a 32 foot cable close to the house.

I had a small hurdle getting the DD-WRT working as a repeater. I'll add that information after I get the screen shots done.

No comments:

Post a Comment