Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Is an expensive Thunderbolt drive worth it?

Is an expensive Thunderbolt drive worth it?

Specifically the 1TB USB 3.0 & Thunderbolt interface Drive

What are the USB 3.0 Speed Numbers?

So the Thunderbolt speed must be amazing?

OMG! They are Identical!

So why would I pay 3x the cost of a USB 3.0 drive?

-OR- Even more than a 2TB USB 3.0 Drive?

I got the drive to store virtual machines on. So I wanted it for:


Thunderbolt Speed
Gives me a free USB connector, since the MacBook Pro only has two & I have a mouse dongle in one.

How about I get this USB 3.0 Drive, whose style fits the Mac

-AND- I get this bluetooth mouse to keep a free USB port?

So, I spend a little less money, have twice the disk space, with the same styling & a cooler looking mouse!

Sounds like a win!

Here is a video with the testing details

No comments:

Post a Comment